Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Graduation Gift Card Box

I had to create a fast make and take for Cool's free Make 'n Take Wednesdays...  luckily, we just got in a super cute graduation line from doodlebug design called 'the graduates'. 

Doodlebug has quickly become one of my FAVORITE scrapbooking companies, for both their cute designs and bright colors!  I was inspired!  I went home last night to contemplate what I could make...  I decided it would be easiest to just cut stuff out of my Silhouette Cameo, and then let the public assemble it.  I also figured it would be useful to make a gift card holder, since every graduate appreciates the gift of plastic!

Since I was pinched for time, I went to the Silhouette Online Store to find a suitable gift card holder design.  I found the perfect one, by Jamie Cripps, called 3D gift card star gift box.  The star design exemplified how I feel about graduates... they are all-stars for their achievements!

I used black cardstock for the box, and being thrifty, I used the cover packaging from the 12x12 paper pack to create the box cover design.  I also used one of the sheets of owls from 'the graduates' and fussy cut one of them out.  For the stars, I used a gold metallic vinyl sheet from SRM that matched the graduates gold, and a POW! silver glitter cardstock from American Crafts.  The gift card box turned out really cute, if I do say so myself...

Hope you were able to drop by the store to create the make 'n take.  If we have leftover supplies, we might have a Happy Redux day next week!  Give us a call at the store (858) 679-9100 next week to see if are or not!  High school graduations don't take place in San Diego until June, so there is plenty of time to get the perfect plastic, and make the perfect gift card holder, for that super achiever!

-Dayle

No comments:

Post a Comment