Thursday, August 29, 2013

The dirty "O" word.... organization

I have a confession to make...  I'm a crafty shopaholic.  There is no cure for my addiction.  

Unfortunately, that also means I have to ORGANIZE everything I have, or there is no finding them later, or knowing what I have.  You would think that daunting task would stop me from buying new stuff, but no...  I just find empty spaces on the floor until I have no where to step, at which point, it's time to do a little organizing.  I'm always looking for new organizing products...  my favorite stores, not surprisingly, are Ikea and the Container Store. They *love* me, too, with how much I contribute to their bottom lines :-D

Small part of my paper collection

Ever since I moved into our new home last summer, I have been organizing my craft room.  I'm amazed how much crap, er, craft, stuff I have.  I finally have a handle on all of my paper (my collection would put most scrapbook stores to shame), a project that took almost a month to finish.  I even have room to add more paper (a scary thought). 

My acrylic stamps are beginning to get under control.   My Silhouette items are also starting to find homes. My ribbons are finally organized and unraveled.

But right now, I am in the middle of two huge organization projects, one that will take a very long time, and one that hopefully will be done soon.  The first will organize my stamp pads (another post in the future once I get fully into the project), and the other, organize my ever growing wafer die collection, mainly Spellbinder dies (see next post for actual step by step method).

Another reason for organizing, and my ultimate goal...  keeping my workspace clear so I CAN work whenever I want.  My workspace is now a bloody mess.  I push stuff away so I can work, but it never clears.  I'm ashamed to do it, but here's a picture of my workspace, right now (in the middle of three projects and breakfast):
Ugh...  don't look.

And it never really gets cleared.  I think it's been clear 3 times: when I first set it up, just before I started the paper organization project, and when I had a scrap party. 

I realize organizing my craft room will take a lifetime.  Or two.  But if I can just reach a point that when I add stuff, it doesn't blow up, I'll be happy.  In the next post, I'll discuss my current project, organizing my wafer dies.
Hoping you find space in life, too,
Dayle

No comments:

Post a Comment