Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Love Autumn!

Ah, Fall...  it really is my favorite time of the year, even in Southern California.  This time of year we have a wide range of weather conditions, from very cool and dry days to super hot and windy Santa Ana conditions to rainy winter-like "storms" (it always amuses me how in SoCal every rain event (even drizzle events) becomes "Storm Watch" on the news). Sometimes we have all of these conditions in ONE WEEK, like we did last week...  keeps you on your toes!

My dogs are raring for the cooler weather to return.  Alva LOVES to run in cool weather... he runs agility at a faster, and happier, clip, and Hutch enjoys the windy conditions, sticking his head up to catch the smells.  Not sure how Tesla will react to the change in weather, but if her behavior during our last rain storm is typical, she'll be huddling in a corner shivering the entire winter.  She may be growing her long flowing coat, but she has NO under coat to keep her warm.  Guess I'll have to invest in a puppy sweater...  but she still enjoys running around in the cold!  It's just afterwards she realizes she is cold... typical puppy! 

I'm preparing my gear for a solid month of agility!  Every weekend in November is booked solid, so Tom will be an agility bachelor... not that he minds.  Football consumes *his* weekends :-) 

In crafting, it is time to ramp up for our favorite holidays...  Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!  I have been incredibly busy cleaning so I CAN craft! 

In the meantime, I had to prepare for my Silhouette 101 + Print and Cut classes yesterday.  I re-vamped my class notes.  I realized then how OUTDATED it was...  As a courtesy to my bloggers, if you ever took my 101 class prior to October 2013 and are using the Studio software, please send an email to the store (contact@coolscrapbookstuff.com) and refer to my Silh 101 offer.  We will confirm you took my class, and I will email you an updated class file, free.  It will include updates for the Studio software.  And if you do this by the end of the month, I will include the Print and Cut instructions notes as well as instructions for backing up your Silhouette Library!   Offer ends 10/31/2013.  

I created a cute Print and Cut tag for an autumn-y place card.  I re-used my leaves file from previous projects, created a sturdy triangular prism place card backing, and adhered everything together.   The lettering in the tag can be changed, so you can adjust the font style, size, and color as you desire.  Here's a picture of the finished place card:
I printed on Silhouette's printable adhesive-backed Canvas (can you tell I ADORE this product???)  It adds so much texture, so effortlessly.  The place card can be changed by changing the die cuts... replace the leaves with a jack-o-lantern for a Halloween party, an apple pie or turkey for Thanksgiving, and even change the color of the place card to make it usable all year long!  For such a simple thing, I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Hope your Fall is full of crafting, family, and fun.
-Dayle

1 comment:

  1. That was a lot of fun! Looking forward to your 201 class!

    ReplyDelete