Friday, October 25, 2013

Oops!

It was last Sunday...  I received a text from my hubby while I was at an agility trial, asking me to bring home dinner.  It was not an unusual request, but seemed a bit odd considering I'd be ending late.  So when I was finally done and on my way home, I called him... he wanted sushi to celebrate his birthday!  OOOPS!!!!!!!   Uh, oh...  I completely forgot!  It never crossed my mind, all month long!  It's not like me...  I usually try to remember to do something, even if it is just to suggest we go out to dinner a little later in the week to celebrate.  But not this year.  Nada.  Luckily, I have a very forgiving husband. 

So this week, I made him a belated birthday card.  I decided to create a card using die cuts the old fashioned way, using my Spellbinders.  I've seen many elaborate nested dies cards, and really wanted to do that, too.  I also have a great collection of SEI designer paper that I adore (foiled kraft paper and woven paper), and need to craft with.  So with that, I pulled out my dies (that are now fairly well organized :-) ) and created a mix of dies that went well together.  I also pulled out my papers.  I chose a teal organic chevron foil design for the background card.  Then I pulled some basic teal papers (bo-bunny, core'dinations) to go with the white woven sheet and the teal foil chevron.  I kept it simple by cutting the different layers from the same cardstocks and alternated the overlap, adding foam dots to some of the layers for pop.  I then finished off the card with a teal rhinestone set with the Silhouette Rhinestone setter.  I love how the card turned out...  very simple but elegant.  Here it is:
The photo doesn't do justice to all of the embossing details you can achieve with Spellbinder dies.  The layers and texture is just incredible.  I played with the new Imperial Gold texture pieces, and those are so cool!  I now want to use them in other projects more prominently.

We should all have creative "oops" moments...  how much prettier the world would be!
-Dayle

p.s.: Hubby loved his card :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment