Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A very sad week...

Two very wonderful, old dog friends left us to go to the Rainbow Bridge within the last few days, and their doggy parents are very, very lost without them.


Sage was the BEST dog in the world...  All-American, best agility partner, smart, loving, happy-go-lucky guy.  I loved when he would occasionally let out a bouncy "woof" on the agility course because he was sooooo HAPPY :-).  It makes me smile remembering that.  He was 13, and will be missed by his whole family...



Shenanigans was the BEST hugger in the whole world.  There was no one she didn't love, love, love and she showed it.  Her parents have declared today 'Hug (or sloppy kiss) a loved one' day' and as her mom says, "And Shenny wasn't particular--a loved one was a friend, a relative, a significant other, a pet, a stuffed toy, or a garden snail. So go for it."

Spread the unconditional love our pets give to us, and in memory of Shenny and Sage, go give Hugs.

I'm going to go hug my dogs right now...
-Dayle


Update 09/20/2013
I recently learned that my agility instructor's grand old Aussie, Hannah, also left us for the Bridge at age 13, as did my agility friends Mary and Randy's loving Dalmatian, Becky, who was 15.  All great dogs, all leaving their families with wonderful memories after many, many years of companionship.  Peace to all who have lost their special long-time friend... no matter how long they've lived, it is never long enough.  Their special lives will live on forever in your hearts.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, thanks for remembering my boy, Dayle. He was a sweetheart who loved life and running as my partner on the agility field. I was blessed to have him in my life.

    Ronni

    ReplyDelete