Monday, September 9, 2013

Cards for my Silhouette Demo and Class


As I was preparing for my Silhouette die cutting machine demo and classes last week for Cool Scrapbook Stuff, I decided to create some projects that utilized some of the new products Silhouette America has come out with.  I showed you one of my samples, the holiday seals on clear sticker sheets, from a previous post.  Now, I'll give you a peek at the other projects I created using my own designs and designs purchased from the Silhouette online store.  I will provide artist information for designs I purchased, if available.




For this card, from the Silhouette online store, I downloaded: Hayrides & Pumpkin Pies print by Echo Park (Reflections Fall line), printed on and cut from the new printable, adhesive-backed Canvas by Silhouette America (very much loving this product!); and acorn and leaves cut file in the Fall Harvest print & cut by Silhouette America.

I wrapped a distressed (chalk inks) Marigold twine by SRM; attached washi tapes made into flags by We-R Memory Keepers and Doodlebug, cut a strip of a leaf pattern border paper by Magenta, and used various colors of cardstock by Bazzill for accent and the card.







For my next project, from the Silhouette online store, I downloaded:
dear lizzy - sparkle by American Crafts , printed on Printable Adhesive-backed Canvas by Silhouette America.

I adhered the canvas to Bazzill cardstock pieces I designed.  I adhered clear rhinestones to the canvas using the Silhouette Rhinestone Setter.  I then gathered a bit of Fantasy Fiber and ironed it to create a "fabric" and sandwiched that behind the canvas ensemble between a large piece of cut blue cardstock.  I added a blue ribbon, and finally attached it to an SRM clear purse box.

  


frosted vinyl web close up

My next card used Frosted vinyl by Silhouette America.  I LOVE that vinyl...  it is translucent, and a little shimmery (aaahhhh, subtle bling, gotta love it!).  I wanted to make a card using vinyl on clear acetate, and it suddenly hit me that the frosted vinyl would make a COOL spider web!

From the Silhouette Online Store, I downloaded:  spider web background by Samantha Walker, used to cut the frosted vinyl; and halloween owl/spider set by Lori Whitlock for the spider.  I removed the hanging web before cutting.

I cut the acetate and card using my Cameo, and then cut the web and spider (as well as inside decorations... sorry, I don't have a photo of the inside).  After two-three hours of weeding the pieces out of the cut web (yeah, it took that long...  good thing I like watching football!), I transferred the web to the acetate using the transfer paper.  I trimmed the excess away from the edges, and voila!  a very cool webbed card!   I really loved how this turned out...  one of my better ideas :-)


My next card utilized Silhouette's heat transfer backed rhinestones.  Can you tell I *love* bling????

From the Silhouette Online Store, I downloaded:  snowflake by Rivka Wilkin; and 3d flip swing card bracket by Lori Whitlock .


backside of Snowflake card
I cut out the bracket pieces and card, and I created a bracket border (dark print) to strengthen the card.  I then cut the rhinestone snowflake out of template material.  After adding the aqua and clear rhinestones, I ironed the snowflake onto the light colored bracket piece. 

I then adhered the opposite side bracket piece, added the title, and adhered individual rhinestones using the Silhouette Rhinestone setter (love that tool!).  The pattern paper used is from the Powder Mountain line by Bo Bunny.

Tomorrow I will post pictures and info about the card I designed for my 201 class...  I really liked how it turned out, so wait and see...
 -Dayle

No comments:

Post a Comment