Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Autumn Splendor Card

It's autumn... well, not officially on the calendar, but when kids are heading back to school, the leaves start falling from the trees in my front yard, and the days start to shorten, it screams "Fall" to me. 
So I need to create a project that said "FALL".  I created this card it for my Silhouette 201 class.  I always make a project for the 201 class utilizing a few Silhouette products.  For this card, I used sketch pens and the new printable adhesive-backed canvas.  Can you tell I *ADORE* this product!?!  I've used it in so many projects already, and have a lot of ideas for more!

I made this card utilizing the following download from the Silhouette Online Store:  fall harvest print and cut by Silhouette.   I used the acorn and small leaves cuts from that file, as well as the print & cut for the inside of the card (see below).  I designed the rest of the cut files. 

I used Bazzill cardstock, the red leaf pattern cardstock is from Authentique, Seasons line, called "Autumn Three".  I also used SRM (the Twinery) Marigold twine, and Quick Quotes Powder Puff chalk inks to ink the leaves, acorn and canvas. 

I first sketched the "Autumn Spendor" title using copper metallic sketch pen (from Silhouette) on green cardstock, then cut out the tag around it.  Here's a close up of the tag:
I cut the rest of the pieces out, inked the acorn and leaves.  I then tied the twine around the tag, and attached it to the pattern paper cut out.  I assembled the rest of the front of the card.  I used foam squares to pop out the middle leaf for more dimension.

For the inside of the card, I print and cut a piece of the fall harvest print and cut file.  I cut that piece out of the original file, then just used that part for the actual print and cut that I did on the printable canvas.  I inked around the canvas to give it a bit more of a weathered look.  I then just glued everything together.  Here's what the inside of the card looks like:
I loved how the card turned out...  hope you like it too!  Happy Fall!!!
-Dayle

No comments:

Post a Comment